The Biggest Turkey Day Hazards:
- Rich, fatty foods (Turkey skin, gravy, ect.) can contribute to pancreatitis, inflamation of this digestive gland is very painful and requires emergency veterinary care.
- Cooked bones can splinter and cause tears or obstructions in your pets digestive tract.
- Baking string, if digested.
- Onions can lead to canine anemia.
- Sage and other herbs contain essential oils that can cause gastrointestinal upset and central nervous system depression in your pet.
- Raw bread dough, when heated up by a pup's body, often expands, causing vomiting, servere abdominal cramping and bloating which can become a life-threatening emergency.
- Grape and raisin toxicin can cause kidney failure in dogs.
- Chocolate is toxic to your dog.
- Caffine and alcohol are also toxic.
Preventive measures are the key to avoid these dangers. After you enjoy your feast of turkey, and delicous pies. And you still can't avoid the temptation of involving your pet...add a little bone free turkey, or some veggies to there meal.