Friday, July 30, 2010

Protect Your Pets from Harmful Algae Blooms

Blue-green algae can form harmful blooms in lakes, ponds, and rivers that make the water murkey, and can sometimes make the water look like pea soup or paint. These blooms may produce tixins and could make pets and people sick.


  • If you see water like this, do not allow your pet to swim in or drink the water.

  • Rinse pets off immediately if they come into contact with algae bloom.

Call your vet immediately if your pet has been around an algae bloom and shows symptoms such as vomiting, staggering, drooling, or convulsions.