Friday, April 2, 2010

These radiographs were taken of Alice a 6 1/2 year old cat and Coda an 11month old Chesapeake Bay Retriever. Both had ingested sewing needles! Oddly enough cats and dogs are extremely attracted to string/ribbon. They ingest the string and in this case whatever happens to be attached to it! This can be very dangerous and life threatening for your animals.
Luckily both of these pets were able to have exploratory surgery to remove the needles.
We are very happy that they are doing well.